As an independent body which has been established to help promote the interests of European businesses operating within the ASEAN region, the EU-ABC works on a sectoral and cross-industry basis to help improve and enhance the investment and trading conditions for European Businesses in ASEAN through influencing policy and decision-makers throughout the region and in the EU. The EU-ABC is the only body representing European business interests across the ASEAN region that is both recognised by the European Commission and formally endorsed by the ASEAN Secretariat (we are an accredited ASEAN Entity under Annex 2 of the ASEAN Charter).
Acting as a platform for the exchange of information and ideas amongst its members and regional players within ASEAN, members get unrivalled access to senior officials and policy makers on both sides. In addition, the EU-ABC has ad hoc interaction throughout the year with various ASEAN ministers and EU Commissioners, alongside representing the interests of our members at various conferences and seminars, and through the publication of position papers and our annual EU-ASEAN Business Sentiment Survey.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
• Mission Trips to ASEAN Member States and Government Ministries;
• Participation in ASEAN Ministerial meetings, ASEAN working groups, EU-ABC advocacy groups;
• Regular Europe-ASEAN business news updates and strong, sustained advocacy support and advice;
• Access to high-level engagement and dialogue opportunities with policy makers and government leaders;
• Annual Mission Trip to Brussels and access to European Trade Commissioner meetings;
• Consultation by the EU on FTA issues, and special projects;
• Exclusive event invites and member pricing for EU-ANC seminar briefings.
HOW TO JOIN
The EU-ABC has four categories of membership, subject to terms and conditions:
MNC Membership, for our Multi-National Corporation members;
Chamber Membership, for the European Chambers of Commerce in Southeast Asia;
Please send a completed application form to or contact us directly if you would like to arrange a meeting to discuss membership and the benefits of being a member of the EU-ABC. The membership application will then be put to the board for approval. Click below to download a copy of the application form.